Tuesday 17 July 2007

Up Toon Boy - The Weekend.

Went up to Newcastle the weekend just gone, left at 11.30am got to Leeds in about 2hrs and then noticed on them stupid fricking motorway signs that the A1(M) was closed. “Marvellous”, I thought. Got diverted into York and then up the A19, problem was everything going North had to do the same, so I had to bust some moves and find my own little way there.!! ;-)
Finally got there at 4pm (nice).
Went out with all the old gang around my local haunts and had a really good night. It was almost like going back 10yrs. Slipped straight back into the piss taking banter and reminiscing on all the scrapes we used to get into.
After gate crashing a 30th birthday party we headed for our usual lock-in at the ‘middle hoose’ and continued to drink until 3am, well that’s when I left the others didn’t leave until 5.30am but I had to drive home the next day.
Met another old pal from Banbury/Newcastle on Sunday morning and then had dinner with wor kid, before heading back down South. I hate the A1(M), goes on forever.

Anyway, cracking weekend. Back up to the Toon next weekend to do the ‘family thing’ which will be just as good. Beltas.

2 comments:

Rivs said...

Ironically I was there at the same time!

Went to Leeds for Friday Night - left Saturday and hit the same closed M1 as you - I was in the Travellers in Burradon having a pint with Rob by half two though. Where's my link you blagger?

THE-SHADO said...

Give me a chance rivers dance.