Thursday 12 July 2007

McLaren Out / Well Done Jamie. We're being run by Muppets Anyway..!

After hearing the rant that Jamie Carragher had on, talk sport I think it was, then on the 606 debate I thought I’d put my couple of pennies worth in. Oh and my opinion on the current laughable McLaren/England set up.
Phil, as a Newcastle fan and a ‘Northerner’ I agree with your comment about us putting club before country, always have and always will, mainly because ours clubs are closer to our hearts I s’pose, however, I’d still say we are passionate England fans and always want England to win. McLaren (Who in my opinion is the worst England manger ever employed) doesn’t have a clue and is at most a glorified coach. McLaren (Mgr), Venables (Coach), how does that work then? I’m obviously not the only one who thinks that this is the most back to front set-up imaginable? Back to the Carragher issue, McLaren press conference when appointed said he would be picking a young squad to take us forward into the Euro qualifiers, and then picked a squad of players in my opinion that he thought would be the nucleus of the squad going to the Euro 08. He didn’t pick the strongest squad available at the time regardless of age and that is why our qualification is in such a mess, and why he has had to eat the pie made of humble and bring back players (Beckham). Carragher has been the best centre half consistently in the last couple of years in my opinion fighting on all fronts domestically and in Europe but is constantly overlooked. I think because his style is more no-nonsense defending compared to the arguably ‘better looking’ graceful/technical players. This again in my opinion is ridiculous and an England team/squad should be picked on the form of the individual players at that moment in time, who will be full of confidence etc and not because of their name or the club they play for, which seem to happen religiously.!! If I was JC I’d quit, at least until a proper manager starts picking the team. Does anyone out there think that McLaren is worthy of the England mangers position. If not why on earth is he there!! Questions on a postcard to Brian Barwick, The FA, Soho Square, London.
PS anyone who thinks JC doesn’t have the capabilities for England needs to look at the facts and stop watching the game in the pub with one eye on the match and the another on the barmaid.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree totally about Mclaren but have a point regarding Carragher. Poor old Jamie is unfortunate because we have a certain John Terry who is now England skipper and probably un-droppable at the moment and he is the same aggressive ball winning type of centre half as Carragher. Could you play them both together? or do you need a more cultured centre half like Ferdinand to be the other in the partnership? I personally think Carragher has been done no favours by being made to play at full-back but should be at least 3rd choice centre half.....until the emergence of the mighty Steven Taylor !!!
Wayne - another Geordie.

THE-SHADO said...

Thanks for you comments WW, but I ask you this question. What is a defenders job if it isn't to win balls? Aggressively or not (more aggressive the better I say), so this begs a further question, why, why can’t 2 aggressive ball players play as a partnership, surely they just need an understanding as to when to attack and who to mark! And all that takes is communication.
McLaren out!!!