Thursday 30 August 2007

The sign of signs

This is boring, but, I was thinking on my way to work this morning about how much time I waste reading absolutely pointless signs.
For example. The signs stuck on the back of car windows saying things like “Baby on Board” or “Children on Board”. Well great, thanks for that, I’m pleased you informed me of that, because if you didn’t I was going to smash right into your car.
Also, coming to work this morning I read a sign (whilst queuing in traffic) saying, “if you can read this your too close”. Fuck off man. Who’s the sinner there? The person reading it, or the person putting a sign on their car in print so small, curious people have to drive closer to read it. Wankers.

Then there is the pointless road signs, especially the hazard signs. Like the one with kids on, or old people. Fair enough there maybe people ahead to watch out for like near a old peoples home or a school. But the ones with cows, and deer, also badgers?? For fuck sake, you might as well just put up “random animals may be on the road”? you could put those up on any road everywhere, how much is that costing us a year in road tax etc.
Then there is the sign with an aeroplane on it?? What the fuck? I’ve never seen a plane on the road. “Look out aeroplanes”!! Also “falling rocks”? What use is that to anyone? All of these are just random objects in the road (well except for the aeroplanes). What’s next, “beware, hub-caps in road” or “people may be committing suicide off bridges ahead” or “danger meteorites falling”. Bollocks.

It’s all a load of nonsense I know, but, I’m bored and had to write something to keep myself entertained. True though also.

2 comments:

Rivs said...

Spot on - In fact I may nick some of that for my blog next time I rant about everything being shite!

Anonymous said...

Mate, that's nothing. I pass a road sign every morning with a Dinosaur on it. Makes me drive much faster...