Friday 17 August 2007

In-Grrrrr-Lund

Just before I start, just like to say how pleased I am that Dyer has finally left NUFC, Big Sam has, at last, shipped out the last of the ‘bad eggs’. Keiron Dyer always reminded me of George Best… The name describes the man..

Right, here I go, I just need to have another rant about our current national team boss. I can’t even bear to type his name, but you know who I’m talking about. The ginger haired, red faced, ex-smoggie manager. At best a glorified coach. For the purpose of this piece I’ll call him “SM”.

Beckham, after one game for the ‘Galaxy’ (yeah too good for a country, or the world now plays for the galaxy) has been picked in “SM’s” squad. Well, frankly why, what the fuck is the point? He has to travel 1000’s of miles to play in a friendly. There is no way that ‘Goldenballs’ can be fit, we all know his qualities, but why drag him half way around the world? Surely “SM’s” not going to play him? Leave him in L.A to build his fitness up and play for the club that are paying him an ‘out of this world’ sum of money. If he plays or not ‘Galaxy’ still have a match the following day, so he’ll miss that, or play jet lagged, and still unfit. If I was a boss at ‘Galaxy’ I’d be livid if “SM” was even thinking of bringing Becks into the squad never mind contemplating playing the tattoo sporting, style icon.

Then there is Michael Owen, which is of more interest to me obviously, however, I’m not being bias, I’m just saying that he’s played about 13 seconds of Premier League football in about 12 months. How is he in the squad ahead of someone like, I don’t know, Nugent. Also and more disturbingly is that he’ll probably get a game in front of the likes of Bent, Johnson and Defoe. If he does then they should do a Carragher and tell “SM” to fuck right off. Again like Beckham everyone knows about Owen, he can score goals on the international stage, but the others? Johnson, Nugent, Bent, Defoe etc etc, are pretty unproven, so at least give them the opportunity in a friendly and on a big stage and lets see what they can do.

For fuck sake Gerrard is even in the ‘squad’, why? He has already said that he isn’t going to play because he has a broken toe!!!!??

I know “SM” has said that he wants to bring these players together, OK bring them together but leave the ‘crocks’ out of the squad and just meet up with them to discuss what ever it is he wants to discuss.

I hate the man, he is inept, absolutely abysmal and he’ll never be the true England manager as long as I’ve got a hole in my arse. At least he didn’t recall Heskey.
To be honest I hope we get beat off the Germans. 6-0 or something, making Soho square think about their choice in manager!! I quite like Germans now anyway, they’re my favourite.!! ;-)
GET “SM” OUT

No comments: