Tuesday 30 October 2007

Pushed Chairs

I was playing football at the weekend (yes still at my ripe old age) and if you can picture the scene. It was a cup match and there was quite a few people watching. The ball was running out of play for a throw in on the half way. I gave chase along with an opponent. I was trying to shepherd the ball out as it was going to be a throw-in to us and he was trying to keep the ball in play. As I was in between the ball and their player there was only going to be one outcome, that was until the little shit pushed me as hard as he could. I shot forward, stumbling and flailing my arms losing my balance. I looked up to see where I was uncontrollably heading, when I noticed I was flying straight for a group of people in the middle of which, stood a pushchair/pram/buggy type contraption. Thinking quickly (well as quick as I could) I attempted to dive across the fast approaching baby carrier. I managed to clear it, however, I did clip it with my knee as I flew, stuntman style, across the top of it.
I ended up on my back surrounded by a bunch of Bicester locals, laughing at my heroics. Worryingly I got up to see if the occupant of the pram was harmed in any way, only to find that luckily, the mother, or who I assumed was the mother, had been holding the baby all the time and it wasn’t in the pram.
Thinking no more of it, I laughed and got on with the game, which we lost by the way.
Anyway after getting changed in the filthy, dank, wet changing rooms, one of my team mates came in asking who played number 7 for us. I piped up, joking “me, why have I received man of the match”
“No”, he said “There’s a woman outside wanting some money of you, because you’ve damaged her pushchair”.
Fucking Cheek.
I went outside and sure enough, the woman with the baby and pushchair was waiting. Straight away she said “Your number 7 aren’t you?, I want some money off you as you’ve knackered my buggy”. She had some balls, I’ll give her that, but I responded with a few expletives and the contempt it deserved. Unbelievable, some people.

No comments: